Thursday, December 22

Nadolig Llawen

Or as they say in English-speaking parts of Wales, "Merry Christmas!"

The holiday season is in full swing: I had my holiday work party last Friday (followed by an 'intimate soiree' at my own place). Last night I attended the annual "Sassy Panties Exchange" at my friend Molly's, where 16 beautiful and stylish women drank egg nog, nibbled on hors d'oeuvres, and had a naughty underwear grab bag. I made off with a lace-and-satin combination that I can't wait to show off. Er...

This morning I was greeted by a co-worker, laden with presents from her and another secretary in thanks for helping them with their projects. A little snowman ornament, a bottle of wine, and a $15 Borders gift card. I think I'm in holiday heaven!

Even better is that this is stretching all the way to Epiphany: I have more Chrismukkah presents to exchange with my (semi) Jewish roommate and another friend next week, a holiday party on Friday, then New Year's Eve. After New Year's I'm having a mini British Christmas with two girlfriends who studied in England, thanks to a box o' goodies (tabloid magazines and biscuits) sent over by a friend currently getting her Master's in London.

Tomorrow I'm going home in the afternoon, then sledding on "Suicide Hill" with my brother and friend Dave (whom I went to Mexico with in September). And of course, there will be a roaring fire in the fireplace, homemade cocoa served in Santa mugs, and the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree filling the sun porch.

Happy holidays to all of you! Expect Christmas cards sometime before Epiphany.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 23, 2005 3:45 PM, Blogger M. Gants v4.0 said...

Oooh, satin and lace! We can't wait to see it either, hehehe!

Thanks a bunch for the party last weekend. It was fun...the details are a bit hazy - I was D-runk!!

Merry Xmas!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home