Announcing the Birth of a New Life
It's not just the page redesign--although that's a small part of it. Do let me know how you like it in the new comment feature at the bottom of every post.
Anyway, something exciting is finally happening: I sent a resumé into the Newberry Library last Friday, along with a glowing letter of recommendation from when I worked there two summers ago. That might just have tipped the balance, for this very afternoon I received a call from them.
I have an interview as a "research assistant" tomorrow! In Chicago!
I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck.
Theresa
Update (20 May):
I think I got the job. That is, they asked when I could start, if I needed off any days, and showed me around. Does that mean I'm in?
If so, does that mean I need to start looking for a sublet? (It's just a summer job, although more positions should be opening in August.) I'm not making very much, so that $600/month apartment in Lakeview East that one of my friends is vacating? Yeah, maybe a little out of my budget. Guess it's Pilsen for me... bring on the Latino gangbangers! Seriously, if anyone has any suggestions as to which neighborhood to live in, I'd appreciate your input.
Update (25 May):
I got the job, and am starting next Thursday!
2 Comments:
Yes, folks--I have an all-new, all-easy comment ability on my page now. So please, comment away!
At least you're mentioned Rory.
Bea
Post a Comment
<< Home