Sunday, March 28

Back In The U.S. of A.

I wasn't expecting everything to be, well, so grey. By grey I mean that not only has it been overcast, but the grass is dead. DEAD. In Britain it's green year-round, and there are always flowers to be seen if you know where to look. Pansies and cyclades in the winter, daffodils in the spring. They were already blooming when I left.

I'm adjusting rather well--better than the last time, at least. After 10 months of studying in Wales, I came home with a superior attitude and thought that all of my friends were dumb and unworthy of hanging out with. Thankfully, it's not so bad. I knew what to expect. And I've already hung out with a world-travelling friend, Marissa, who knows what it's like to come back to the crap that is Rockford/Beloit. Ah, Rockford. The crappiest city in the Union.

I've been watching loads of movies, re-reading books that were childhood favourites, and overhauling my wardrobe. I wonder how much more of this I can take.

If you're in the States and would like to give a call to ease the boredom that has become my life, my number is 815-629-2546.

Theresa

P.S. Perhaps I'll write about Switzerland and Austria soon. Keep tuned.

Labels: